HOURGLASS BODY FIGURE
We are looking at the hour glass body shape under the types of body shape, if you missed it click here to catch up.
The hourglass body shape is a combination shape – you can think of your top half as an inverted triangle, and the bottom half as a triangle.
IF YOU HAVE AN HOURGLASS BODY SHAPE YOU:
- You have shoulders and hips that are the same width (in proportion to each other)
- You have a very defined waist
- You tend to enjoy showing off your tiny waist – baggy clothes usually don’t feel very comfortable for you
- You may, or may not, have a large bust.
- You tend to be attracted to clothing and accessories that are feminine, which emphasizes your womanly figure
STYLE TIPS FOR THE HOURGLASS BODY SHAPE:
- Draw attention to your tiny waist with clothing that comes in and defines your waist
- Flowing fabrics will be easiest for you to wear as they will drape nicely over your curvy figure.
- If you choose a sleeve length that ends the same distance down your arm as the smallest part of your waist, you will make yourself appear slimmer
- Dresses and skirts will be easier for you to wear than more masculine pieces like pants, and collared shirts
CLOTHING THAT ARE FOR YOU TO WEAR:
- A wrap dress is great for an hourglass figure
- A-line skirts float nicely over the bottom half of your figure
- Look for v-necklines to flatter the top portion of your figure
- A belt around your waist to bring attention to the tiniest part of your figure